Back to top

Nota de aplicación

Vessels made of metal, glass, or ceramic and used in a kitchen or sometimes at table to sprinkle table sugar or powdered sugar over a bowl of fruit, cake, or other relatively large confection. Sugar shakers are generally, but not always, larger than a caster, often cylindrical in shape and have a pierced or mesh-covered lid; they are of a size that can be held comfortably in the hand or they may have a handle. For relatively large vessels having a spout from which to pour sugar into a cup, use "sugar dispensers." For small casters, especially when they are part of a set of casters and intended for sugar, use "sugar casters." For small casters used in historical contexts to sprinkle sugar on a muffin at breakfast or tea time, use "muffineers (casters)."

Ubicación jerarquía